Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Scary Halloween Adventure

On Saturday, I threw a party.  A Halloween party to be precise.  And of course, I made food.  There was food I knew I liked (Mozzarella Bites, Pumpkin Cupcakes, and cheese and crackers), food I knew I didn't like (Sugar Cookies), and food that was quite adventurous (Bacon-Wrapped Scallops).

I thought that after my successful experience with shrimp, scallops couldn't be too bad.  There were only three real ingredients: bacon (the ultimate yummy food), scallops (gross), and water chestnuts (yuck).  I hoped my love of bacon would out-weigh any grossness.

There it is.  You can barely see the grossness lurking within....

So I ate that little sucker.  And the water chestnut was still pretty gross.  I don't know why, I know it doesn't really have a strong flavor.  Maybe it's the watery-ness paired with the crunch that I find so unsettling. 

But you know what wasn't so gross when it was wrapped up in the glory of bacon?  Scallops.  Maybe now I can try them on their own.

Or maybe I should just eat some bacon instead.

(Happy Halloween!)

No comments:

Post a Comment