Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Return of the Alumni

Emily, Joey, and I decided to visit our alma mater last weekend.  Not much appears to have changed at Grinnell (other than G-Tones' apparent fall from grace), but I think I have changed a lot.  Well, at least when it comes to food.

We made our triumphant return to La Cabaña.  I already knew I was going to get a peach margarita.  But, for the first time, I was going to order food as well.

When I was at Grinnell, I would "pre-game" our trips to La Cabaña.  By pre-game, I mean go to the d-hall and get dinner before I went out to the restaurant with my friends.  Usually Joey would come with me and get something tiny, like carrots, to munch on while I ate my real dinner.  At La Cabaña, I would order a margarita and nothing else while everyone else got Grande Burritos or Cheese Enchiladas.

Not this time.  This time I ordered food and a margarita.

Behold.  Food and alcohol.  The waitstaff of La Cabaña has never seen one of these in front of me.

And it was delicious.  So cheesy and not spicy at all!  I probably would have enjoyed it even before my adventuring began.  I was just a scaredy-cat.  Maybe next time I'll try a burrito....

No comments:

Post a Comment