Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Sad Goodbye to an Old Friend

The Chicago grocery institution, Dominick's, is closing at the end of the year.  It may seem silly to be attached to a grocery store, but I am.  I've lived in Chicago my whole life, so I've been going to Dominick's my whole life.  This chain is huge, and showed no sign of being in any sort of financial trouble.  At least not to the people shopping there.

Dominick's provided me with single serve packs of ice cream after a stressful babysitting gig.  Dominick's held the answers to all my food cravings.  Dominick's had amazing discounts on wine and beer.  Dominick's even helped me afford gas for my internship last year!

Dominick's has also been with me since the start of my adventure.  It's sad to think that Shrimp Alfredo will be the last adventure we have together.

I hope all the Dominick's employees are going to be okay.  While I know being unemployed is almost never easy, this is an especially hard season to be unemployed.  I wish them all the best in the new year.

I'll miss you, Dominick's!

No comments:

Post a Comment