Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Avocados Are So Healthy

"Avocados are so healthy!" said everyone who's ever heard of avocados.  Thug Kitchen (lots of language!) even suggests you use avocado on your sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.  (Never gonna happen.  I love mayo!)

Emily eats avocados by themselves.  Just with a spoon, using the avocado skin as a bowl.

I don't think I've ever had avocado.  It just looks like something from outer-space.  I'll go ahead and add it to this list.  But I also hated Worcestershire Sauce without ever having it before.  So I wanted to give avocados a shot.

Joey and I decided to make "Cheater's" Guacamole.  I liked this recipe for two reasons:
  1. No tomatoes.  Tomatoes are gross.
  2. No jalapeños/chiles/some other horribly spicy ingredient.  All those things are the worst.
We put in garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of white pepper, and a pinch of paprika as our seasonings.  We also paired the Guacamole with Quesadillas.  Because cheese makes everything better!

I made the Guacamole, and Joey made the Quesadillas.  I made him taste the Guacamole a couple of times along the way to see if I was seasoning it well.  In the end, it looked a lot like mashed potatoes.

Mashed potatoes FROM SPACE!

The Quesadillas (this is something I have never said before) had too much cheese.  I couldn't even finish mine!  And cheese is my favorite food group!  The Guacamole was a little too heavy on the lime.  We need to scale it back next time.

Did you notice that I said, "Next time?"  That's because the avocados are pretty inoffensive.  They don't have very much flavor, or their flavor was overwhelmed by the limes.  Guacamole isn't that bad... so long as there are no tomatoes in it.

But I don't care how healthy avocados are.  They will not be used as a sandwich spread.  I will never stop loving mayonnaise.  Never!

No comments:

Post a Comment