Thursday, August 1, 2013

And so the adventure begins...

I am a picky eater.  Most of the foods I like can be found on the kids' menu.  I am trying to change that.
Let me break down some of the foods I eat:
  • Potatoes
  • Hot dogs
  • Eggs
  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Broccoli
  • Cottage cheese
  • Most fruit
  • Carrots
  • Beef
  • Pork
  • Cheese
  • Salt
  • Pastries
Surprisingly, the list could go on.  But not much longer.

The list of things I don't eat is longer than most epic poems.  Here's a small selection:
  • Turkey
  • Chicken
  • Salami
  • Pepperoni
  • Fish
  • Pepper
  • Curry
  • Mustard
  • Chili
  • Squash
  • Beans
  • Pickles
  • Oranges
  • Cauliflower
  • Olives
  • Tomatoes
  • Bell peppers
  • Onions
  • Cheesecake
 I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

A few days ago, I began actively trying to shorten this list.  Already, it is hard and at times unpleasant.  But I am trying!  To start things off, I ate about a tablespoon of baked beans earlier this week.  I did not relish the slightly mushy texture, but the taste was not as horrific as I remember it being 7 or so years ago.

I am tired of having the most complicated order at the table!  I am tired of being told that 24 is too old to order off the kids' menu!  It's finally time for me to start eating like a grown-up!  So let's adventure off the kids' menu and see what we find....

No comments:

Post a Comment