Sunday, August 4, 2013

Well, I like eggs and bacon. How bad can this be?

The point of this adventure is not necessarily to discover new favorite foods.  It's to find out that foods I don't eat right now are actually palatable if not pleasant.

With this in mind, I had another adventure off the kids' menu.

I went to a small family gathering the other day.  We were going to order Chinese food and catch up on each others' lives.  Nothing special.  So imagine my surprise when my great-aunt breaks out some sort of deviled eggs.  I assumed those were only for fancy people!  So either we are suddenly fancy people or deviled eggs aren't that fancy.

I looked at them for a bit.  I'm not going to lie, they've always looked kind gross to me.

Look at how chunky it is!  That can't be right!

Now I know the base is hard-boiled egg (which I'm totally a fan of).  I asked what my great-aunt put in eggs. Apparently the yolk-y bits (not at all a fan) are mixed with mayonnaise (definite fan) and bacon (huge fan).  But there's no adventure if you're certain it's going to be tasty!

So I ate one of those devils.

And it wasn't bad.  I'm not saying they're a new staple in my diet, but they were pretty good.  If they were passed around at a dinner party, I would partake.

I guess I'm fancier than I thought.

1 comment: